Questions related to the Dentistry Program

Q: I am a dental student. How do I can get the locker at the Collegium Stomatologicum?
A: The locker room for dental students (excluding first year students) is available at Collegium Stomatologicum. In order to secure the locker the dental student should contact Information-desk located at the Main Entrance in the Collegium Stomatologicum and pay refundable deposit in the amount of 50 PLN.

Q:  I’m interested in studying Dentistry. Can someone guide me around the University and can I sit one of the classes or enter into the clinics to see how it looks like?
A: Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you this experience, but there is possibility to arrange a tour around the University and the campus (prior report to the Dean’s Office of Dentistry at dentistry@pums.edu.pl).

Q: Do you offer preparation courses for the DDS applicants?
Regretfully not. We advise you to familiarize with list of topics to prepare for written test and interview. The list is available at our website on the following link: http://pums.ump.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/PUMS_Topics-for-Test-Interview_2016-17.pdf

Q: Does PUMS accept transfer students from other Universities ? What are the requirements?
Unfortunately, PUMS does not accept transfers from other Universities.

Q: How many courses will I have to study each year?
Detailed curriculum and plan of studies for each year for both faculties can be found on our website: http://pums.ump.edu.pl/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Curr_1-5DDS_2017-18_upd31Aug17.pdf

Q: How do I can make an appointment with the Associate Dean?
A: The Associate Dean is available in the Dean’s office and the students who need to see him/her must schedule an appointment by e-mailing to the appropriate dean’s office staff. Contact details for DDS office staff are available here: http://pums.ump.edu.pl/contact/cmee/

Q: How do I find more information about the LEK/LDEK exam?
A. Please visit the website of CEM (Centrum Egzaminów Medycznych w Łodzi) at http://www.cem.edu.pl/

Q: Can someone else pick up my transcript or diploma?
Third party recipients must have documentation (i.e. a notarized letter, release of information, power of attorney) from the person whose diploma they are picking up, stating that they are authorized to obtain the diploma/transcript. They must have a current picture ID when they come to get the diploma/transcript.