Admission to the Advanced MD Program in English for university graduates
Application deadline: JULY 19, 2017.
- Secondary school degree or equivalent credentials at a high enough level to be eligible for admission to a university in home country.
- High level of knowledge in the following fields: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and high proficiency in English language.
- University science degree on at least bachelor level, issued no earlier than in 2011, majoring in medical sciences, pre-med, biology, chemistry or physics, including the following prerequisite coursework (or equivalent) for a total of 735 hours, including laboratory classes:
-general physics or statistics or mathematics.
- Standardized medical admission test: MCAT, UKCAT or GAMSAT
– Medical College Admission Test (MCAT): minimum score: 490 (MCAT2015) and 22 (pre-2015) (taken no earlier than 2014),
– UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT): minimum average score: 575 (taken no earlier than 2014),
– Graduate Medical School Admission Test (GAMSAT): minimum overall score: 45 and minimum 40 in each section (taken no earlier than 2 years before application date).
- Citizenship other than Polish or dual citizenship: Polish and foreign.
- Entrance examination in biology, chemistry and physics and interview.
1) Completed on-line application form.
A. To be attached with the on-line application (digitally scanned copies):
2) University transcript (-s), covering pre-medical coursework,
3) Passport bio page for identification,
4) Any other documents you would like the admission staff to review before your entrance examination.
B. To be submitted after successful entrance examination (hard copies of original documents or certified copies):
5) Transcripts of all attended education programs,
6) University degree diploma or official certificate of completion, issued no earlier than 2011, with apostille or legalization certificate (depending on the country: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_Convention#States_that_are_party_to_the_convention),
7) Results of one of the following standardized test results: MCAT, UKCAT or GAMSAT, verifiable via respective on-line portals of these examinations,
8) High school leaving examination certificate or diploma of secondary education that qualifies to undertake higher education studies in country of issue, with apostille or legalization certificate (depending on the country: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_Convention#States_that_are_party_to_the_convention),
9) A recommendation letter on school letterhead from a science faculty member involved in previous education,
10) Proof of English language proficiency (unless the candidate has completed a secondary or post-secondary school program in English):
- Paper-based test: min. 550 points,
- Internet-based test: min. 79 points,
- Computer-based test: min. 213 points,
- IELTS, min. 6.5 points,
- Cambridge Examination: Advanced (CEA) or Proficiency (CPE) level,
- Candidates who completed their previous education in Scandinavia:
- Norway: min. grade in English in secondary school: 4,
- Sweden: min. grade in English in secondary school: VG or C,
- Denmark: min. grade in English in secondary school: 7.
11) Health certificate completed by a physician: click here to open PDF file
12) A recent photo (3.5 x 4.5 cm),
13) Copy of passport bio page,
14) Curriculum vitae/resumé,
15) Optional: standardized test results for ACT, SAT, DAT, or upper-secondary school credentials, e.g. A/AS-levels, Highers, etc.
C. To be submitted upon the start of studies:
16) Copy of vaccination records, incl. Hepatitis B,
17) Proof of health insurance valid in Poland (EHIC for EU citizens),
18) Copy of a student visa or other document confirming that the stay in Poland is legal,
19) Certificate of equivalence of secondary school diploma, issued by Chief Education Officer of the Wielkopolska province in Poland – to be submitted by the end of the first semester of studies (unless recognition is automatic, basing on international agreements).
*All documents must be in English or with a certified translation to English.