Admission to the 6-year M.D. Program in English
ADMISSIONS for 2020/2021
Application deadline: JULY 15, 2020
Application processing fee: 85 PLN
Exam/interview fee: 600 PLN
- Secondary school degree or equivalent credentials at a high enough level to be eligible for admission to a university in home country, issued no earlier than in 2014.
- High level of knowledge in the following fields: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and high proficiency in English language.
- Satisfactory grades in biology, chemistry and physics or mathematics (min. 2 subjects, incl. biology) from previous education (secondary school, college or university).
- Entrance examination in biology, chemistry and physics and interview.
- Applicants holding Polish high school leaving certificates must successfully apply and achieve a minimum score of 160 points in the admission proceedings for the Polish-language medical program at PUMS in order to become eligible to apply to this medical program in English.
1) Completed on-line application form.
A. To be attached with the on-line application (digitally scanned copies):
2) Secondary school transcript (-s) and transcripts for other attended education programs including biology, chemistry and physics coursework,
3) Passport bio page for identification,
4) Any other documents you would like the admission staff to review before your entrance examination.
B. To be submitted after successful entrance examination (hard copies of original documents or certified copies):
5) Transcripts of all attended education programs,
6) High school leaving examination certificate or diploma of secondary education that qualifies to undertake higher education studies in country of issue and was issued no earlier than 2014 (an older diploma may be accepted, if the candidate has continued his education beyond the year 2014), with apostille or legalization certificate (depending on the country: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_Convention#States_that_are_party_to_the_convention),
7) A recommendation letter on school letterhead from a science faculty member, guidance counselor, principal, or a teacher in another subject area, involved in previous education,
8) Proof of English language proficiency (unless the candidate has completed a secondary or post-secondary school program in English):
- Paper-based test: min. 587 points,
- Internet-based test: min. 94 points,
- Computer-based test: min. 240 points,
- IELTS, min. 7.0 points,
- Cambridge Examination: Advanced (CEA) or Proficiency (CPE) level,
- Candidates who completed their previous education in Scandinavia:
- Norway: min. grade in English in secondary school: 4,
- Sweden: min. grade in English in secondary school: VG or C,
- Denmark: min. grade in English in secondary school: 7.
9) Health certificate completed by a physician: click here to open PDF file
10) 2 recent photos (3.5 x 4.5 cm),
11) Copy of passport bio page,
12) Curriculum vitae/resumé,
13) Optional: standardized test results for ACT, SAT, DAT, etc.
14) Applicants with IB diploma (International Baccalaureate) are required to choose the advanced level of IB examination in one of the following IB examinations: ‘Biology’, ‘Physics’ or ‘Chemistry’,
15) Criminal background check report from country of residence.
C. To be submitted upon the start of studies:
16) Copy of vaccination records, incl. Hepatitis B,
17) Proof of health insurance valid in Poland (EHIC for EU citizens),
18) Copy of a student visa or other document confirming that the stay in Poland is legal,
19) Certificate of equivalence of secondary school diploma, issued by Chief Education Officer of the Wielkopolska province in Poland – to be submitted by the end of the first semester of studies (unless recognition is automatic, based on international agreements).
*All documents must be in English or with a certified translation to English.
- a person may only apply once per admission season,
- the program will start on the condition that there will be a minimum of 12 admitted students.